Help students.
Earn money.

Ruru is the leading tutoring app that offers 24/7 on-demand tutoring. As a Ruru tutor, you can make up to $60 an hour and tutor whenever and wherever it's convenient for you.

Subjects

Tutors can become certified to teach the following subjects:

Math

From Algebra I to Calculus

English

English Comp and English Literature

Foreign Languages

Spanish and French

Social Studies

U.S. History and Government

Science

Biology, Chemistry and Physics

Spread the word.

Upon referring a tutor to Ruru, you will receive 10 dollars after they get verified and tutor for at least 30 minutes. You will also receive an additional 50 dollars every 15 hours the tutor your referral tutors.

FAQ

You don’t have to have all of the answers.

We’ve pulled together some commonly asked questions about tutoring with Ruru. This will give you a better idea of what you can expect about working with us.

L

How old do I have to be to tutor?

You must be at least 16 years old to qualify for RuruOne and 18 years or older to qualify for RuruPlus or RuruPro.

L

How do I become a tutor for Ruru?

All of our tutors will go through an approval process and some will also go through a background check.

L

How much does a tutor make?

You’ll make 75% of the tutoring fee for each session you do. The other 25% will go to Ruru.

L

Do I need a degree to tutor for Ruru?

It will depend on which tier of expertise you fall into. RuruPlus and RuruPro tutors have to have degrees and teaching experience in order to be approved to tutor for Ruru.

Tiers of expertise

TIER 1 : RuruOne

RuruOne tutors are high school students who have taken a class on the subject you need help with. No degree is required, however, all RuruOne tutors have to pass a competency test.

TIER 2 : RuruPlus

RuruPlus tutors are at least 18 years old, in college or a teacher with less than five years of experience. No degree is required, however, RuruPlus tutors have to pass a competency test and a background check.

TIER 3 : RuruPro

RuruPro tutors have at least five years of teaching experience, a college degree, a teaching license, or are a professional tutor working for a qualified tutoring institution. They also must pass a background check.

Ready to get started?

Coming Soon!

TIER 1 : RuruOne

RuruOne tutors are high school students who have taken a class on the subject he or she wishes to tutor students in. No degree is required, however, all RuruOne tutors have to pass a competency test.

TIER 2 : RuruPlus

RuruPlus tutors are at least 18 years old, in college or are a teacher with less than five years of experience. No degree is required, however, RuruPlus tutors have to pass a competency test and a background check.

TIER 3 : RuruPro

RuruPro tutors have at least five years of teaching experience, a college degree, a teaching license, or are a professional tutor working for a qualified tutoring institution. They also must pass a background check.

Ready to get started?