Last Updated July 25, 2019
I. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
“Personal Information” is any information that is not generally available to the public or which may be used to identify an individual such as your name, mailing address, email address, phone number, and credit card information.
- When you log onto the site, our web server automatically recognizes your domain name, IP address, your computer’s operating system, browser information, clickstream patterns, your immediately preceding web address, dates and times that our Site is accessed, and purchases. We also keep records of the pages that you visit on the Site. See Section III below.
- If you send us an email or post a message on our message boards, we do collect your email address.
- We may also collect certain demographic information (such as gender or age) and information about your interests and preferences.
- If you email the Site address to a third party, or if you send a link to any of the content on the Site, we will receive the email address of the third party.
- We do not automatically collect your name, address, phone number or email address, unless you have provided it to us on the Site. You can correct or change your Personal Information at any time by updating your profile or account on the Site.
II. Aggregate Information
- Ruru collects general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on.
- We use this aggregate information in order to (a) determine which areas of the Site are most popular, (b) enhance the Site for visitors, and/or (c) describe the use of the Site to our existing or potential business partners, sponsors, advertisers or other third parties, or in response to a government request.
III. Cookies and Other Tracking Devices
- Our web pages, as well as those of our partners, may utilize “cookies”, “flash cookies”, “pixel tags”, “clear gifs”, “web beacons”, “web bugs”, iFrames and/or other tracking technologies to collect information about website activity, to facilitate your experience on the Site, to better manage and improve the Site, to make product and service recommendations to you, to customize the Site to your preferences and to otherwise market to you.
- We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect at the Site for our and our partners’ internal and external marketing and advertising efforts.
IV. How Do We Use and Share Your Personal Information
- We use your Personal Information to improve the Site, customize the Site to reflect your interests, and to modify the layout of the Site.
- We use your Personal Information to send out Site update notices.
- We use your Personal Information to communicate with you about the services and products available on this Site and your accounts.
- We use your Personal Information for marketing purposes and to promote special offers tailored to your interests. Our partners use your Personal Information for the same purposes.
- We may disclose your Personal Information if required by law, or if we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to prevent fraud or another illegal activity, to prevent imminent personal injury, or to protect Ruru or another individual or business.
- We share your Personal Information with strategic partners who perform credit card processing and other services for Ruru. We provide Personal Information to those businesses when that information is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to complete or perform the services that you request on the Site (including any customary follow-up or confirmation communications regarding such services).
- We may use aggregated or anonymized information for any purpose, because it does not personally identify you.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to enter you into sweepstakes or special offers that you request.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to establish an account for you.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to respond to your questions.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to send you e-mails or texts if you are on our mailing list subscribers and persons that have opted in to receive texts.
- We may use your Personal Information in order to ensure compliance with our policies and applicable law.
- We use your e-mail address as a customer identifier on the Site.
- We may send you periodic communications by e-mail, text, telephone, or regular mail, such as news updates, special promotional offers, or information on our products or services which may be of interest to you.
- If we use third party advertisers on the Site, we may disclose your Personal Information to the third party in order to deliver banner ads on the Site. These third parties may also keep track of the pages that you visit while you are on the Site in order to customize future marketing advertisements to your interests.
V. Privacy Preferences/Opt-Out
You can change or update your Personal Information on the Site by accessing your account page at www.RuruTutor.com. After you sign in, you can (a) change your personal profile, (2) unsubscribe to Ruru’s emails, and (3) manage your subscriptions to various Ruru promotions. You can also opt out of receiving Ruru emails and texts by visiting our unsubscribe page, where you can request to not receive promotional materials, emails, and/or texts from us. Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed.
- Our site is compliant with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. This is the prevailing industry standard.
- We restrict access to your Personal Information to a limited number of Ruru team members, who have a need to know such information.
- Unfortunately, due to internet hackers, no data transmission over the Internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your Personal Information. Other than the aforementioned security measures, any Personal Information that you provide is made available at your own personal risk.
- If you create an account on the Site, you may be asked to choose a password for your account, in which case your online account information shall be protected by your password. We recommend that you do not disclose your password to any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account, even if such activities are unauthorized.
VII. Children’s Privacy
For any user under the age of 13, we must have permission from such user’s parent or legal guardian before we collect or use any Personal Information of such user on the Site. You are welcome to call us at (248) 532-0890 to review any Personal Information we have collected about your child. You may request that we delete this information or specify that we collect no more of your child’s information. We will need to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child under the age of 13 to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or legal guardian.
X. Contact Us
30777 Northwestern Highway Suite 301
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
By E-Mail: Support@RuruTutor.com
By Phone: (248) 532-0890